Monday 7 March 2011

Potato Triumph!

As you will see from this pile of potato peelings the war against potato waste has been won!

"Peelings, nothing more then peelings"


The observant amongst you will have spotted that there are also some leek peelings on my chopping board. The last of my potatoes went into a leek and potato soup, some of which I will be eating for lunch tomorrow and some of which will be frozen. The leeks were donated by my lovely in-laws.

I'm hoping to get into the habit of making a couple of meals in advance and freezing them so that I can whip something out and stick it in the oven on the days when I feel too flibertyfloppertied to cook.

There is a gentle sense of satisfaction to be gained from standing over a bubbling stock pot full of the warm comforting essence of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment