Monday 16 January 2012

Making it out of the house

Two weeks post birth and I am starting to venture out more and more. Getting out of the house with my young man is vital for my mental health and I think it does him good too.

Getting out isn't easy however. Right now it takes me about an hour to get moving. By the time I have checked the changing bag is fully stocked, breasted him to make sure he isn't hungry and got him into a going out outfit time has flown by.

Today we were brave and had our first trip on the bus into town. I was scared but it went pretty well. Riding the bus was a bit hairy, the area for prams is badly designed, forcing you to stand up through the whole journey. Another Mum and I struggled to share the space, lucky my buggy is small. It is expensive too, the whole journey cost me a fiver.

Getting round town was better, people were helpfully and held doors and so forth and me little one was an angel and slept the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment