Monday 21 May 2012

Baby dream feeds

Whenever anyone asks me how often the baby gets up in the night (and they always ask that, it's the automatic new mummy question) I always say every two to three hours. This isn't strictly true. I get up every two to three hours. The baby basically sleeps through.

The baby is a dream feeder. He doesn't cry but fidgets and stamps his feet on the mattress until I pick him up. I pick him up, feed him and put him back down, often without him flickering an eyelid.

I wonder what this must be like for him. He is comfortable in his bed, he feels a bit peckish in his sleep. He wriggles a bit and then he is magically flying through the air. Suddenly a nipple is in his mouth and he quickly has a full stomach. He then magically flys through the air back to his comfy bed and a deeper slumber.

It's a good life.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment