Sunday 20 May 2012

Why I love the person who invented online food shopping.

Shopping. It's never fun really is it. I enjoy the choosing things part and the accumulation part. I like buying shiny things and tasty things and pretty things. Obviously shopping for nice boxes of chocolate is my favourite type of shopping.

What I don't enjoy is the action of shopping. The trailing round, the trying to find things. The crowds and the noise.

This is why online shopping is perfect. It has all the benefits and none of the negatives. It has revolutionised my life and in gratitude to the person who invented it, whoever that might be, I shall list the things that make it fantastic.

1. You don't have to go out. For a semi reclusive women with a small child this is like mana from heaven.

2. You can do it in bed. The only thing better then this would be if you could pay people to carry you round the supermarket in a sedan chair.

3. It's quick especially if you are prepared. I use an app to plan my weeks meals. It generates a shopping list. I put the items in my online shopping cart and 'boom' it's done. Warp speed.

4. No traveling home. Physically going to the supermarket for me means a long bus journey or if I can pursued my husband to give me a lift, a slightly less arduous journey with a slightly irritated husband. When I shop online I can roll over and go to sleep. That's it. Put the iPad down and the world is yours.

5. I don't end up with any 'extras'. When I go round the supermarkets I am drawn in by the hypnotic displays and special offers. I leave with several extra chocolate bars, a chocolate sponge and a tub of clotted cream. Online armed with my app generated list I can have the discipline of a nun. I don't, but if I wanted to I could. Honest.

6. I can bulk buy. At the supermarket bulk buying is too much hassle. It's physically difficult and pushing a trolley filled with 18 packets of vulgar wheat makes you look like a survivalist hoarder. Online some one else has to do this for me, so I can buy two jumbo packets of the washing powder which is on special order even if the boxes are bigger then me.

I love you person who invented online shopping.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment